Julie Kennedy Oehlert, DNP, RN
Chief Experience Officer, ECU Health
For more than 20 years Julie Oehlert has been an advocate for people and culture in the workforce. Today, she serves as ECU Health’s Chief Experience Officer, where she is responsible for creating healthy, healing and sustainable experiences for team members, patients and surrounding communities.
Working as a champion of and spokesperson for the human experience, Julie leads by instilling confidence and compassion in providers, working from the inside out to ultimately shape and improve the patient experience in a health care setting.
Julie’s passion for health care began early in her career, as she earned a BSN in Nursing from Carroll University, and later acquired a Doctorate in Nursing Practice Health Innovation and Leadership from The University of Minnesota in 2014. Prior to her work at ECU Health, Julie served as the chief administrative officer & associate chief experience officer at the University of California, San Diego, as well as the vice president of Patient Experience at The University of Arizona Health Network.
Julie Oehlert In the News
- Health system executive roles are evolving: 68 leaders share 2024 changes | Becker’s Hospital Review | beckershospitalreview.com
- Julie Oehlert, Chief Experience Officer at ECU Health | Becker’s Hospital Review | beckershospitalreview.com
- Dr. Julie Oehlert and Dr. Kamilah Williams inducted into ECU College of Nursing Hall of Fame | ECU Health | ECUHealth.org
Rehumanizing the Health Care Experience in a Post-COVID World:
“Today, ECU Health is working to combat this uncertainty to improve the provider and patient experience. Instilling confidence and compassion in our providers, working from the inside out will ultimately shape and improve the patient and team member experience in a health care setting.”
Expanding Access in Rural Health Care:
“We are passionate about creating an inclusive, accessible environment where patients can receive the care they need most, and team members can connect to a shared sense of purpose. We must spread awareness in the industry and work to meet the needs of each community with high-quality care.”
- Patient Experience Journal | Tranquility rooms for team member well-being
- Patient Experience Journal | Rehumanizing in a post-pandemic world
- The Journal of Nursing Administration | Connecting Patients’ Perceptions of Nurses’ Daily Care Actions
- nurseleader.com | What’s Love Got to Do With It?
- International Journal for Human Caring | Organizational Strategies for Creating a Culture of Well-Being
- The Beryl Institute | The Human Experience Imperative
- The Journal of Nursing Administration | Patient Experience Coordinator: An Innovative Role to Improve Patients’ Hospital Experience
Julie in her own words
Patient Choice Awards 2022
Becker’s Healthcare Podcast
Click on an image below to open the full size photo, then right click to save.
Connect with the ECU Health PR team to learn more about our thought leaders