Advancing the future of health care.
ECU and ECU Health’s Office of Clinical Research supports the operations and conduct of clinical research programs across the enterprise.
The Office of Clinical Research staff provides services to:
- Assist ECU’s researchers with study start-up and central administration support for contracting, compliance, etc.
- Provide current and accurate information about ongoing clinical studies at ECU to our patients and the public.
- Champion clinical trials for ECU investigators and their research.
We offer research studies in most of our specialties and are happy to pair patients with investigators. Please speak with your provider during an upcoming appointment about available clinical trials. You can also review studies open at our health system on clinicaltrials.gov.
If you have general questions about participating in a clinical trial or other research studies, please email [email protected].
Our office is a central resource for ECU and ECU Health investigators and staff who want to participate in clinical trials research or wish to start an investigator-initiated study. The services we provide include:
- Expert consults in budgeting, contract development and clinical research regulations
- Continuing education and training in the responsible conduct in clinical research
- Aiding the development of clinical research projects and programs
- Screening and enrolling patients in clinical research studies
We have dedicated research staff across ECU and the ECU Health system to assist with all aspects of the research lifecycle. For more information, visit clinicaltrials.ecu.edu or email [email protected].
- For information about IRB Approval, please visit rede.ecu.edu/umcirb or email [email protected].
- For Quality Improvement project approval, please email: [email protected].
- For Data Requests (once you already have IRB or QI project approval), please submit an “Analytics Data Request” ticket in service now.
- If you are applying for a Service Grant (not research) that will be based in the health system, please contact [email protected].