Throughout your cancer care journey, we offer resources and support for you and your family.
ECU Health Cancer Care offers numerous programs and resources that sustain you throughout your diagnosis, treatment and recovery. From prevention, risk assessment and symptom management to survivorship, ECU Health Cancer Care has designed programs to support you in all aspects of your healing process.
The mission of ECU Health Cancer Care goes beyond providing world-class treatment. Awareness, education and prevention are also a big part of what we do. Our special events and programs are available in communities across eastern North Carolina, including:
- Collaborations with private practice physicians, health departments, public and private industry, faith-based organizations and more
- Lunch-and-learn sessions
- Evening socials
- Health fairs
- Special screening events
- Speaker presentations
If you are interested in planning or attending an event, call us at 252-847-9507.
Survive and Thrive
Cancer survivorship begins the moment you’re diagnosed and continues throughout your life. It’s more than just medical care and involves you, your family members and caregivers as well. Our programs are designed to facilitate healing in body, mind and spirit. View upcoming survivorship events.
To support you and your family throughout your cancer experience, ECU Health Medical Center offers a variety of programs to nurture your mind, body and spirit. In addition to support groups, we offer massage, yoga, exercise, art, journaling and more. These are all free programs for cancer patients, survivors and caregivers. Classes are held in the Resource Library at the Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Tower located at 524 Moye Blvd. in Greenville, adjacent to the hospital.
- Journaling – See below for a description and call the Resource Center if interested in participating in a session.
- Patient/Caregiver Tandem Counseling/Support Group – See below for a description and call the Resource Center if interested in participating in a session.
- Massage – Every Tuesday by appointment for patients currently undergoing treatment and their caregiver.
- Yoga – Every Thursday by appointment for patients currently undergoing treatment and their caregiver.
- Stretching & Strengthening – Every Wednesday by appointment for patients currently undergoing treatment and their caregiver.
- Lifestyle Medicine Clinic – Six-session program with classes led by the Lifestyle Medicine Team. Please ask your provider or navigator for more information.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call 252-847-9450.
A SUMMARY OF OUR SERVICES:
- Individual psychotherapy for patients of ECU Health Cancer Care
- Meaning-centered psychotherapy, for patients diagnosed with late-stage disease
- Patient/Caregiver Counseling/Support Group: The purpose of this group will be to provide solution-focused therapy as well as emotional counseling to families who are experiencing challenges caring for their loved one while undergoing cancer treatment.
- Massage, offering better symptom management and a personal sense of well-being
- Journaling workshops, instructor-led group sessions that explore journaling as a way to process emotions, relax and discover reasons to be more hopeful about the future
Complementary therapy community partnership programs
- The Dove Retreat, three-day event offering activities, fellowship and relaxation by the sea
- National Cancer Survivors Day Event
Check out upcoming events here.
Symptom Management Clinic
If you experience severe symptoms during the course of your cancer diagnosis and treatment, ECU Health Cancer Care offers an onsite clinic designed to help ease them. Our goal is to address your symptoms early and, to the extent possible, prevent them from arising in the first place.
You may be seen for the following symptoms, but not limited to:
- Shortness of breath
- Generalized fatigue
- Decreased appetite
- Wound/drain issues
For same-day appointments, call 252-816-CARE (2273) and select option 3.